03 Oct The Presidents’ Council’s 8th Annual Golf Outing
On Monday, September 26th , Board Members, Associates Member and Friends of The Presidents’ Council gathered at Barrington Golf Course in Solon for the 8th Annual Golf Outing despite the cloudy and rainy day. The dedicated golfers hopped out of their cars, adjusted their golf bags over their shoulders and were greeted by volunteers who waited with swag bags and golf shirts.
Once registered for the main event, players walked down the luxurious white and gold halls of Barrington to view the display of the raffle and silent auction items including a college basket equipped with the essentials for a successful school year as well as a gift basket by Board Member Gwenay Coniglio from Lavender Nail Bar packed with oils, lotions, chocolate and wine.
After placing their raffle tickets in the bag of their favorite baskets, the golfers enjoyed turkey, ham, veggie and tuna wraps with all of the essentials like cookies, chips, pastries and beverages to satisfy their hunger before they stepped out onto the golf course.
With rain drops lightly falling from the sky, participants revved up their golf carts and headed out to the greens with optimistic smiles and friendly competitiveness.
After hours of golf play, a pasta and salad bar was put on display for participants to indulge.
As players gathered around the dinner tables, Rose Avery of Cakes Etc. LLC and Donyae Jones of International Cleaning Solutions, winners of The Presidents’ Council #PCBuysBlack Campaign, had a chance to speak to attendees about their business and identify how they can be of service.
While guests enjoyed their meal, Board Member Darrell McNair announced the winners of the night based on their golf scores:
Coming for the gold, 1st Place winners of the Front 9 went to the NEON Group with Willie Autsin, Al Page , Ernest Taggert, and Eugene Hicks as players.
Dollar Bank took home 2nd place with the players including Brain Tucker, Brad Crane, Eric Krieg and Dana Mitchell.
Low Gross Ties included Jeff Skonieczny of MVP Plastics, and Al Page of the NEON Group and the Low Nets went to Willie Austin of the NEON Group
1st place winners of the Back 9 went to Local Laborers 310 as Terrence Joyce, Kevin Clegg, Pat Hough and Mike Iouse played.
2nd Place went to Cleveland State University as Virnette House- Browning, Dr. Julian Earls, Steve Minter and Tim Long played
The Low net win went to Dr. Julian Earls of Cleveland State University
Proximity Winners Include:
Closet to the Pin
- Rennae Coe of Howse Solutions—Ladies Place Closet to the Pin
- James Whitley of First Energy—Men’s Closet to the Pin
- Ernest Taggert of the NEON Group—Men’s Closest to the Pin
- Virnette House- Browning of Cleveland State University—Ladies Long Drive
- Sam Craig of New Horizon Baking Company—Men’sLong Drive
- Jeff Helmick of Zin Technologies—Men’s Long Drive
Each winner walked away with smiles and gift certificates to the Pro Golf Shop to splurge on golf gear and supplies.
Shortly After, Erica C. Penick, Director and Operations of The Presidents’ Council thanked each participant for attending the golf outing and explained how their contributions help The Presidents’ Council carry out their mission: To support, Develop and advocate for African- American Business owners in the Northeast Ohio Region.
To wrap up the evening, winners of the raffles and silent auctions were reveled:
- Jeff Skonieczny of MVP Plastics scored box tickets to The Indians game in the “Take Me Out to The Ball Game,” Basket.
- Richard Perry, of Pinkney- Perry Insurance won a gift card to Mitchell’s Ice Cream in the “ We All Scream for Ice Cream Basket.”
- Rubin Moultrie of The City of Warrensville received free admission to the zoo and rainforest in the “ A Day at the Zoo,” Basket.
- Hamid Abdussatar of Cuyahoga County won tickets to the Botanical Gardens in “ The Garden Lover,” Basket.
- John Allen of New Horizon Baking Company won tickets to a the Vintage Ohio Wine Festival as well as two bottles of fine wine in our “Wine Lovers Delight,’ Basket.
- Latoya Logan of Logan Consultations won 30 day of unlimited yoga at Cleveland Yoga in our “Relaxation Time,” Basket
- Steve Minter of Cleveland State University won a day of free golf at The Cleveland Metro Parks in our “A Day on the Greens,” Basket
- Jeff Helmick of Zin Technologies won free admission into the football hall of fame in our “Football Fanatic,” basket.
- Darrel McNair of MVP Plastics bid won the silent auction bid on the “Say Yes! The Lavender Experience,” which included Body butter, soap, lotion, candles, chocolate and wine—a $250 Packaged Value
- Jeff Skonieczny of MVP Plastics bid won the silent auction of the “College Basket,” packed with a comforter, towels, laundry detergent, a laundry basket, food, snacks and more—a $175 Packaged Value
All in all, the 8th Annual golf outing was a success and even the rain couldn’t stop the dedicated golfers.
A special thank you to all of our sponsors of the event including:
Golden Tee Sponsor– Key Bank
Shirt and Sign Sponsor— Howse Solutions
Lunch Sponsor— Lavender Nail Bar
Foursome and Hole Sponsors– The NEON Group, Taylor Oswald LLC, Dollar Bank, New Horizons Baking Company, Cleveland State University, The City of Warrensville, Local Laborers 310, Zin Technologies.
Hole Sponsors— Warren Anderson, St. Martin De Pores, Dix & Eaton, Premier Smiles Orthodontics, Spectrum Global Solutions and Little Caesars.