21 Nov Host a PC Scholar as an Intern for Summer of 2018
Internship Application :
January & February
Notification sent to Internship Hosts Applicants
Internship Host Orientation
April 7, 2018
Internship Fair – Introduction to Scholars & Parents of Internship Opportunities
Interviews for Internships
Scholars Paired with Summer Intern Hosts
*Six Week Internships Begin*
Start Date: June 25th, 2018
End Date: August 6th
Acting as a catalyst for inclusion, The Presidents’ Council Foundation continues to support, develop and advocate for current and future generations of African-American entrepreneurs and leaders.
We are currently seeking local organizations that can make a direct impact and help develop our young scholars’ mind by introducing them to a professional setting and possible career opportunities.
Internships will last for duration of six weeks. Scholars are expected to work a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Appoint a Senior Staff member to serve as the intern’ s supervisor
- Have a short – term project that you need assistance with that will provide scholars with meaningful work and learning experiences
- Develop and share a work plan for the intern outlining objectives and deliverables throughout the internship
- Provide a dedicated workspace and other resources, included but not limited to, access to a computer, telephones, and reference materials.
- Accept the intern as a temporary, part time employee of your company
- Have the ability to pay scholars $12 per hour
- Attend a mandatory orientation at The Presidents’ Council for selected Hosts (Will be scheduled by accepted applicant’s schedules).
- Attend the internship fair Saturday, April 7, 2017 9:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. for selected Hosts ( Can have supervisor or representative of you company attend)